We had this Bengali Band called BHOOMI performing on 28th August in Kali Bari (A Kali Temple..) as a part of their Deity Installation Day celebrations..
Initially I was slightly apprehensive about going because I have this bengali-songs-have-to-be-boring thing in my head, but ultimately I did go and I must say I really enjoyed myself..
The lead singer (and also the drummer) had a beautiful voice and there was also this other guy with long hair who sang and played I dont know how many instruments. I loved the earthy elements in every song(as the name of the band says) some of the songs really gave me that eastern hill station feeling...,the chorus made it feel like I am listening to a record. The effect was magical....
The first five-six songs were average but in the last few songs the crowd went crazy dancing,clapping,howling(including me) they sang some very famous songs , very pacy and some songs really took out the Bong in me. I felt really close to my culture after a long time...
"Tomar dekha nai re","meneka pore che aaj ghoongta" and some others were SO SO good. Very enthralling performances and overall BHOOMI totally rocked !!!
have a look at the video (its not very clear i know , what more can you expect from a 2 mp phone cam ) and its ok if you dont understand the language :D
No comments:
Post a Comment