Thursday, June 12, 2008

I just finished reading another book by Paulo Coelho called Brida.........
Often I ended up comparing it with The Alchemist which I think is pretty unfair now.
There's nothing in common between them except the Author...but having said that I can't deny that the book has the typical Paulo feel to it. It talks of magic,witchcraft,trance, incarnation and the likes. I think it was a different journey altogether and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Though the storyline is very unusual yet there were many instances I could relate to (Thats Paulo's forte).
Now, I think I should read some other authors too (Yes reading is pretty addictive..)
Among other things I was thinking about this childhood friend(who claims to be a great friend now) who used to bully me as a kid. I was really vulnerable back then and didnt know how to give it back to her. I think I'll definitely teach that to my kids , how not to be a victim of bullying and give it hard on their face ! Or I guess that the next generation will be much smarter..*smiles*
I can notice the slow transformation I am undergoing, but then I have to keep my emotions in check and learn to calm down. My heart gets agitated so soon that it actually tests my ability to be patient. I have to pray for my progress in each section of my life and raise my self esteem...

No comments: