ABABABABABABABABABABABABABABAB
long time no C ...
well, lame jokes apart (:P), I have not been entirely jobless this time.I was busy attending post-bijoya(dusshera) parties , then there was Diwali,then some live shows which were struggling hard to be entertaining.... so there I give you some convincingly good excuses for not updating(as if you were desperate.A flying kiss, if you were! :-)) but amidst all those festive activities I managed to watch some great movies, in my sense of 'great'!
After wasting a few hundreds on some very average movies, I was dying to watch some "Oh,fuck!" movie and our very own idiot box satiated that hunger for good cinema (no i m not exaggerating!). I watched Raincoat and Corporate and was equally awed by both the movies.
I have to admit I have a thing for the slightly offbeat cinema and in that case even a hint of artsy will do. I genuinely believe they are 10000 times better than mindless flicks like Bachna Aey haseeno.. I mean whats with this guy (who is projected as a casanova) who dumps two girls before he falls for the third one and when she dumps him , he realises his mistake and gets back to his exes to ask for maafi. I wanted to pull all my hair in frustration! but I sat through the movie ONLY for Ranbir...Are we some kind of assholes or what?! such utter lack of concept! bah! leave it.. without digressing any further,
RAINCOAT:
Starring : Ajay Devgan, Aishwarya Rai, Anu kapoor
Director: Rituparno Ghosh
I watched this bengali movie directed by Rituparno ,which was a murder mystery and I clearly remember dad and me didnt move from our respective places till the movie was over.Not only because it was a murder mystery, but because of the unique style of narration paired with a mindblowing plot.I was impressed! and going by that first impression I dint think twice to stop at zee premier to watch Raincoat.
A wonderful adaptation of the very famous "The gift of the Magi" by O.Henry. Ritu beautifully told the tale of old lovers each caught in their own cobwebs of emotional turmoils yet faking about their 'lavish' lifestyles. The movie is slow paced but Ajay and Ash just blow your mind with their powerhouse performances. If you have a thing for arty stuff dont miss this one.
CORPORATE :
starring : Bipasha Basu, Rajat Kapoor, Kay kay menon , Raj Babbar
Director: Madhur Bhandarkar
Honestly, I m not a great lover of Madhur Bhandarkar's movies.I had watched bits of Page 3 and chandni bar (well,ahem only bits :P) and the only word i thought of was, sleazy! I dont exactly know what made me watch corporate though...May be sheer curiosity! :P
What a movie, i mean What a movie?!! The storyline, the performances, the characteristic 'reality' element which madhur is famous for, everything rocked. Bipasha was the surprise element. Her devastatingly powerful potrayal of a top honcho of a company, who struggles to find the real meaning of 'ethics' in the business world just makes you forget its the same Bipasha Basu. Not to forget KK menon and others(look above). Overall, a fabulous movie.
No comments:
Post a Comment